Our Guide to Successful Interviewing
Prior to every interview, your recruiter will go over in detail areas such as corporate culture, company benefits and salary. This sheet covers some additional items to keep in mind.
- Research the company.
- Prepare several good questions.
- Know how to get there- if necessary, make a trial run.
- Dress for success- and the level you wish to achieve.
- Refrain from…
- Wearing perfume or cologne.
- Chewing gum.
- Anything else that may be a distraction or disruption.
- Arrive early.
- Turn off pager and/or cell phone.
- In a folder or briefcase…
- Have several clean copies of your resume.
- A list of business references- to submit if requested.
- Any letters of recommendation- to submit if requested.
- Pay attention to your demeanor during the interview…
- Keep hands out of your pockets.
- Make eye contact.
- Have a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Avoid nervous habits (e.g., nail biting, clicking of pens).
- Listen to what the interviewer is saying, and respond accordingly.
- Remember to highlight the areas your recruiter advised you to.
- Focus the initial interview on what you can bring to the company.
- Call The Waters Organization immediately and tell us how it went!
- Send a handwritten Thank You card to the person who interviewed you.