The Objective of a Resume is to get an Interview!!
These are just a few of The Waters Organization’s suggested tips for a resume:
- Be concise (Limit resume to 2 pages)
- Use the Bullet Format (see actual sample below) – this format is easy to read and/or eye scan.
- Avoid fancy typefaces/fonts and page layouts.
- Tailor your resume to the job description you are responding to – highlight important points or words, particularly those contained in the job description.
- Be clear in your writing; do not assume the reader will know what you mean.
- Do not include an “objective” at the top of your resume. This is risky, particularly if
your objective is different than the job description or that of the reader’s.
1000 Walden Pond Ct • Atlanta, GA 30306
(H)(404) 555-5555 (C) • (404) 555-5556
Executive Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper
Project Coordinator / Office Manager
12 years of progressive Executive and Administrative support experience in fast- paced, high-volume office environments.
Detail-oriented and conscientious about meeting deadlines.
TECHNICAL & OFFICE SKILLS
Proficient in Microsoft Office including: Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Peachtree Accounting, QuickBooks, ADP, Timberline, Photoshop, FrontPage, Adobe Acrobat and Salesforce.
ABC Company, Inc., Atlanta, GA, July 2006 – May 2009
Executive Administrative Assistant
- Direct liaison to the President of the Company.
- Developed Company Website to help bring in customers and continual revenue.
- Handled and resolved all Human Resource Issues.
- Negotiated all pricing for jobs with Customers before contracts were signed.
- Handled all new employee orientation, forms, and new hire paperwork.
- Responsible for filing all government paperwork for new hires.
- Handled all compliance records for governmental hiring regulations.
- Handled all Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable for the 3 businesses and payroll for 20+ employees.
- Handled all cost savings programs; saved the company $120,000.00 in overtures and expenses the first four (4) months of employment.
- Developed a Marketing plan for employees to utilize to boost sales and revenues.
- Responsible for making decisions concerning financial discrepancies or system discrepancies.
- Responsible for acting independently to make journal entries and log or track critical financial information.
- Established policies, procedures and/or program guidelines.
- Handled all monthly and yearly reporting necessary for budget approvals.
XYZ Company, Inc. , Atlanta, GA, April 2003-June 2006
- Single-handedly manage all invoicing: post payments and collect and file liens on past due invoices
- Handle company finances, including: reconciling multiple checking accounts, making daily deposits, creating quarterly reports for CPA, paying bills, and paying payroll tax
- Managed all credit card payments and merchant accounts (VISA, MC, Discover and AMEX)
- Manage payroll for 48 employees at two locations (GA and AL) utilizing QuickBooks, including: processing time cards, calculating employee deductions and recording all employee vacation and sick time
- Coordinate and manage all employee benefits, including: medical, dental, and life insurance; disability; workman’s comp; errors and omissions; IRAs and auto insurance for 21 vehicles
- Renew all licenses – including business, corporate and professional licenses (i.e., engineering and surveying) – and purchase and/or renew all vehicle tags and title transfers
- Purchase office supplies, cleaning products and miscellaneous office necessities
Worldwide Company, Inc., Alpharetta, GA Jan. 2002 – Jan. 2004
- First point of contact on phone and in office for all current and potential clients & visitors
- Answered & directed all calls on customer service & technical issues and entered in support tickets to company ticketing system
- Created, maintained, and filed all client contracts, quotes, service agreements, and sales letters; also maintained company’s entire customer database
- Responsible for keeping up general office appearance and coordinating with all office vendors and maintenance crews; ordered all workplace supplies and technical equipment
- Assisted Accounting dept. with auditing procedures, daily payment processing, maintaining payment records, and monthly invoices
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and catering all workplace meetings, events, and parties
- Assisted Technical dept. with recruiting candidates for positions within the company; staged first-round interviews with candidates
ACME Inc., Duluth, GA, Feb.1996 – Jan. 2002
- Maintaining a clean and professional work environment and monitoring the conference rooms
- Answering a multi-line phone network
- Data Entry
- Ordering Office Supplies and Refreshments
- Receiving, Sorting and Distributing all incoming and out going mail
- Greeting Clients and informing appropriate Executives of their individual clients arrival
- Shipping and Receiving all Fed EX and UPS Deliveries
- High School Diploma, College Preparatory with Distinction · Central High School, Atlanta, Georgia · May 1991
- Business Administration courses for transfer credit · Atlanta Community College· Atlanta, Georgia · August 1991-May 1993
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing· Atlanta University, Atlanta, Georgia · August 1993-May 1995